The Objectives of Power Company of Karnataka
Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle are as follows:
- Co-ordinating with ESCOMs, Government and IPPs and resolving
issues pertaining to power purchases.
- To facilitate capacity addition for Long term, Medium Term
and Short Term
- To carry out tariff based competitive
bidding process on behalf of ESCOMs.
- Preliminary activities pertaining to setting up of power projects within the State through competitive bidding route.
- Equity participation with other States for setting up of Generating Stations.
- Capacity addition through Joint Venture.
- In carrying out the trading/bilateral exchange of power with other States/traders on behalf of ESCOMs to meet the day-to-day requirements of power.